Thursday, December 17, 2009

You Have Post...

Sometimes it takes just one email to send ones mind into total chaos – exhilaration and disappointment at the same time…

On Monday 14th Dec 2009 and spanning over two days, I felt the emotional highs and lows of such an email.

Read on…

Extract:

---------------------------
From: *****, Sonia (*****) Sent: 14 December 2009 15:22
To: *****, Sheena (*****)Subject: post

Hi Sheena,

I have post for you; which floor do you sit on?
Many thanks,
Sonia
--------------------------

From: *****, Sheena (*****) Sent: 14 December 2009 15:51
To: *****, Sonia (*****)Subject: RE: post
Hi Sonia…

I sit on the 4th floor.

I never get post.

Thanks
Sheena…
--------------------------

From: *****, Sonia (*****) Sent: 15 December 2009 09:39
To: *****, Sheena (*****)Subject: RE: post

Hi Sheena,

I'll pop it down to the 4th, sorry, it doesn't look that exciting...

Sonia
--------------------------

From: *****, Sheena (*****) Sent: 15 December 2009 09:47
To: *****, Sonia (*****)Subject: RE: post
Thank you Sonia …

A shame though! I was hovering on the edge of anticipation yesterday afternoon and this morning that something exciting and mind-blowing was beckoning…
--------------------------

From: *****, Sonia (*****) Sent: 15 December 2009 09:55
To: *****, Sheena (*****)Subject: RE: post

hahaha, I've put it in your pigeonhole, you never know, it could be a life-changing piece of post!
-------------------------

From: *****, Sheena (*****) Sent: 15 December 2009 11:52
To: *****, Sonia (*****)Subject: RE: post

After all the “potential” excitement around this infamous letter for me, I feel inclined to tell you that I did rush over to my pigeon hole after receiving your email. I then proceeded to walk back to my desk with my head held down in shame. The utter madness in thinking that I would receive an exciting piece of news and then sharing this anticipation with a complete stranger.

I would put this letter in my Top 10 of “Most UN-Exciting Letter’s” ever received…

I can but only dream…
---------------------------
From: *****, Sonia (*****) Sent: 15 December 2009 12:22
To: *****, Sheena (*****)Subject: RE: post

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment, it will be tough but I'm sure you'll get through these dark times. Never give up hope, the next letter could be the One....! ;-p
-------------------------

From: *****, Sheena (*****) Sent: 15 December 2009 12:46
To: *****, Sonia (*****)Subject: RE: post
Dear Sonia

Your wise words of wisdom have lifted my spirits somewhat. I now feel like life has a purpose and the thought of “the one” will get me through the dark times I feel at present. When that day finally comes and I rip open the letter to discover the most breath-taking existence I am about to experience, YOU shall be the first to know. You have given me hope Sonia… Stand proud!

I think I am now ready to face life again, and my Prêt Bloomer with Mozzarella, Pesto and Tomato…

Sheena…
(Name with No Face)
-------------------------

From: *****, Sonia (*****) Sent: 15 December 2009 12:52
To: *****, Sheena (*****)Subject: RE: post

Dear Sheena,

Thank you for your kind words, I'm happy i've managed to lift you out of your gloom, even if only for a brief moment. Now that now you've glimpsed what life used to be life before 'the letter', I hope this will give you the strength and courage to embrace life with passion and vigour.
Your Pret bloomer is the food of champions, I am sure of this now- you will survive!!!
------------------------

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails