Friday, June 25, 2010

Repel of the Week: Repelling with Bunny Ears



Here at Sandwich, we are no strangers to cyberspace (our magnificent is blog is proof of this, no thanks to Chinga, of Minga and Ginga). And it won't come as any surprise to you that I, Christophe, have MASSIVELY repelled on Facebook.

It all happened a few years ago. At the time, I was still living in the Marais, surrounded by my cousins (yes, I'm a homo, and probably a Jew too). One of my homo hotties (let's call her Minerva-Dawn) came to visit.

When she arrived, I was on Facebook, and I didn't see any great need to log off. Desperate to find more Facebook friends, I suggested that Minerva-Dawn sign up. She did, then and there, and went through her list of emails contacts, deciding who she should invite to sign up or be Facebook friends with her. A hundred or so people.

A few days passed. Then, all of a sudden, Facebook told me that this girl (let's call her Calandre Deladrier) had accepted my friend request. However, as far as I knew, I hadn't sent Calandre a friend request. In fact, I didn't even know her, and let's face it: being a big homo, I wasn't exactly going to ask some girl that I didn't know to be friends.

The next few days brought more such acceptances. About five or so. These acceptances allowed me to join the dots: my new friends were all (Facebook and real-world) friends of Minerva-Dawn's. To this day, my theory is that, because I hadn't logged off, my account invited all the people that Minerva-Dawn had invited. This theory is all the more convincing since, when she told me that a few of her (Facebook and real-world) friends had written to her asking why her friend, the Weird Rabbit Man (of course, I was wearing bunny ears in my profile picture), had asked them to be friends.

So there you have it: I repelled a hundred or so people without even realising it.

And it gets better. There's this one guy - a very nice, cute guy - who accepted my request and who I actually got to meet in the real world. I repelled him too. But that's a repel for another week...


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails