Monday, September 13, 2010

"Don't [Let Me Repel You]"

It's been some time since I contributed to this blog, which I was blackmailed into contributing to. Time to end my participation paucity for a more positive reason.

I doubt that it will come as any surprise to you that I LOVE the Pointer Sisters. I remember when they released the single 'Don't Walk Away'. It wasn't having the runaway chart success that some DJ felt they richly deserved, and he made this known.

Reflecting not so long ago (and for God knows what reason) on that particular moment in the early 1990s, I made a promise to myself: upon learning that Sandwich had received more hits than the (non-live version of the) 'Don't Walk Away' video on-line, I would commemorate the moment (of bittersweet triumph) with a Pointer Sisters-related post.

So here it is. 'Don't Walk Away'. Enjoy:

4 comments:

Minga Ginga said...

Next road trip song for sure. I'd only heard of their 'i'm so excited song'. Plus TROUSER BRACES + HOT GUY alert!!

Also I think it's high time we made Minga and Christophe the Hero's of the Month since the other two have dropped off the face of the blogging planet....pussies.

Sheena said...

Fair comment Minga, but calling us p***ies is abit harsh woman!

Christophe said...

"Road trip song for sure": yes. Today, sandwich is a veritable bastion of post-modernism.

"TROUSER BRACES": I'm impressed. Not even Ginga noticed them, as far as I know.

"Hero's of the Month": To her credit, Ginga Likes the post.

Minga Ginga said...

You know what you did..... but yeah ok you are pretty butch Sheenghis and you did beat me epically at a challenging game of lele arm wrestling, so pussy you are not.

Related Posts with Thumbnails